Where Great Smiles Begin!
Our pediatric dentistry practice is a friendly and space, where each child is welcomed as a new friend and cared for as family. With gentle guidance and education, and plentiful praise, we earn children’s trust and help them feel at ease.
Establishing comfort in the dental environment, and developing good oral health practices early, ensures children grow up ready to maintain their smiles, for life!
Why Choose Pedodontic Associates?
Our practice is designed with children in mind: we expect kids to be kids and love the unique and wonderful energy each child brings to our space!
- Positive Experiences: Our doctors and staff are highly-trained professionals. They have the experience and dedication needed to connect with children in a non-threatening manner, easing anxieties and ensuring children feel safe. It’s not unusual to find us crouched down beside a worried child, talking about their fears and patiently helping them gain confidence. At other times we’re trading jokes or listening to the details of a child’s latest adventure or newest interest.
- Informed Dental Care: We work closely with parents and families to design the child’s treatment. Reviewing diagnostics, walking parents through treatment options, and answering all questions, we make sure families make knowledgeable decisions about their child’s oral health!
- Education and Prevention: We spend a lot of time teaching parents and children about the role oral health plays in overall wellness. This helps everyone understand why it is important to maintain clean and healthy teeth and gums, and helps children develop good dental hygiene practices. We also focus on prevention and early intervention, because it’s easier to stop little issues before they become big problems!
- Comprehensive, Convenient Children’s Dentistry: Taking care of your child’s oral health should be stress-free – for you and your little one! Our six pediatric dentists and talented team are here to make everything go smoothly. We offer leading-edge, comprehensive dental care for infants, children, and teens, Saturday appointments, and three locations: in Kahala, Pearlridge, and Kahului.
Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to children’s needs and it is our goal to make your child feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about your child — his or her comfort, happiness, and health.
During your child’s first visit, we will review their dental and medical history forms. Parents of very young children will answer a number of questions relating to diet, homecare, fluoride exposure, and family history. Then, the doctor will meet with you and your child to do an exam and possibly a cleaning. Older children will typically get their teeth cleaned with a hygienist, get a fluoride treatment and take x-rays. The doctor will then meet with you and your child to discuss the X-rays, help create an individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your child’s first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends that children visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.